Meet Jacqueline Kemp
Since 1996, attorney Jacqueline Kemp has helped her family law clients avoid prolonged legal disputes by developing effective strategies. Ms. Kemp draws on her vast understanding of Ohio’s Family Law procedures and case law to identify positive solutions for intricate matters.
Jacqueline Kemp established Kemp Law Group, LLC, to provide high-caliber representation to families throughout Franklin County and central Ohio. Countless families have benefited from her legal acumen, compassion and results-oriented focus.
Please click on the link below to learn more about our firm’s founding lawyer:
“I work tirelessly for my clients. My experience and tenacity have produced desired outcomes for decades, and I am dedicated to staying on the cutting edge within the family law field in order to better assist my clients with their legal matters and help them achieve favorable results.”
Jacqueline started her legal career working as a law clerk for the late Harold R. Kemp in law school. Harold would also come to serve as her mentor for more than 15 years. She fell in love with family law early on because she saw firsthand that the practice involved extensive contact with clients and the court. The work was fast-paced, rewarding and made a real difference in people’s lives.
Today, as a full-time Family Law attorney with over two decades of experience, Jacqueline truly knows that few things are more rewarding than working with families in need and tirelessly helping them reach their desired outcomes.
That sense of purpose drives her to be well-prepared for every case, putting in whatever time is necessary to reach her clients’ goals. This extends well beyond individual cases. Jacqueline works relentlessly to stay current on Family Law matters. By being active in professional organizations at the local, state and national level, she is also in touch with cutting-edge technology and contacts within the field, which often prove beneficial in achieving favorable results.
Admitted to practice:
- Ohio, 1996
- Capital University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- The Ohio State University, B.S.B.A, cum laude, 1993
Associations and involvements:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Ohio Chapter,
- Immediate Past President, 2017 – Present
- President, 2015 and 2016
- Amicus Curiae Committee, 2007 – Present
- Vice President – 2013 – 2015
- 2nd Vice President – 2011 – 2013
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2005 – Present
- Pleasure Guild of Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Awards and accomplishments:
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Family Law, 2004-Present
- Corporate Livewire Magazine, 2015 Lawyer of the Year, Columbus, Ohio – Family Law
- Super Lawyer Selection, 2011 – 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Lists:
- Top 100: 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 Women Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 Women Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 Women Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Women Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women Ohio Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Selection, 2009-2010
- Avvo, Superb 10.0 out of 10.0 Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV Rated – Preeminent*
Recognized Leader In The Legal Community
Jacqueline Kemp actively participates in National, Regional and Local Professional Organizations. She has served in Leadership positions in these Associations:
- President of the Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Vice president of the Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Chairman of the Columbus Bar Association
- Secretary of the Family Law Committee at the Columbus Bar Association
Ms. Kemp has received prestigious honors for her demonstrated legal skills and customer service. These accolades include:
- Selection for inclusion in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for 2009 and 2010
- 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo
- AV Preeminent peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell*
- Inclusion on the Ohio Super Lawyers list, 2009-2019
- Lifetime Achievement award from America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Lawyer of the Year from Corporate LiveWire
As an Ohio State Bar Association-Certified Family Law Specialist, attorney Kemp continues to develop her legal knowledge through continuing legal education courses. She takes pride in her ability to provide the most up-to-date legal advice to all of her family law clients.
Protect Your Family’s Well-Being. Contact A Proven Attorney.
Kemp Law Group is dedicated to advocating for your family in and out of the courtroom. Arrange your initial consultation to learn how we can help you resolve your family law conflict.
*AV, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.